Take a tour of the Trout Centre and Genesis Energy Freshwater Aquarium on the Tongariro River. Discover the world of freshwater Trout and learn about the freshwater habitat of Trout.
At the centre you will find a tourist and educational facility offering the following features:
- Facility built among the native trees and rivers
- Home to native birds and NZ largest Whio Creche
- Spring fed stream populated by huge trout protected from fisherman
- A man-made kids fishing pond populated with trout from the hatcher
- A world class river renowned for the sport of fly fishing bordering one side of the site.
- A Freshwater Native Aquarium and Fly Fishing Museum.
- Kids Fishing Pond
Take your Kids Fishing. The Kids Pond is great for catching a trout. Cost is $45 per child.
Admission: $15 per adult, Children are FREE
Opening Hours: 10am – 4pm
Location: Tongariro National Trout Centre, 257 State Highway 1, Turangi, Lake Taupo.
For more information visit National Trout Centre.
Book your Ruapehu Accommodation with us here at Skotel Alpine Resort, New Zealand’s highest hotel. Offering guests a variety of room types, from backpacker rooms, to view rooms of the Park and the volcanic mountain peaks of Ngauruhoe, Tongariro and Ruapehu.