Create some lifelong memories with a Mount Ruapehu Guided Walk Through breathtaking scenery this area is famous for while learning the geology and New Zealand cultural history.
Lace up your hiking shoes and get ready for the ultimate outdoor adventure! Spend up to 8 hours exploring the beautifully rugged Mount Ruapehu region within Tongariro National Park with the help of an experienced tour guide.
This tour includes lunch to be enjoyed on the volcano overlooking Crater Lake, return transfers from the Adrift Tongariro Base, a professional and experienced guide and all necessary safety equipment. All you’ll need to bring is some snacks to keep your energy levels up throughout the day, at least 1 to 2 litres of water, appropriate footwear and clothing and other necessities you may need along the way.
As you journey along the trail you’ll take in views of the surrounding park, travel along the Knoll Ridge, up behind GLacier Knob and ascend Dome Ridge to take in the views from Dome Shelter. A suitable journey for those wanting to learn about the region while exploring it on foot, this journey requires a large amount of effort and a decent level of fitness.
- A fully guided walk of Mt Ruapehu and Lake Crater
- Professional and experienced guide
- Return transfers from the Adrift Tongariro base
- All required safety equipment
- Hotel transfers
- You will have a $40 credit for equipment hire, any further equipment can be hired at an additional cost
- Hotel and city transfers may be available from Whakapapa Village, Turangi, Ohakune and Taupo for an additional costing. You are able to contact the supplier directly to discuss (details on the voucher)
- The walk will begin at the Whakapapa Ski area, where you may be offered the choice of taking a chairlift up to Knoll Ridge Cafe. This will dependant on the day, group and operating hours. Payment for the chairlift is around NZD35 pp. Taking the lift not compulsory and will reduce the walk by approximately 3kms
- A full day Ruapehu Guided Walk is designed for those whole would like a little more from their hike. Mt. Ruapehu an active volcano, the highest of the three volcanoes within the national park
- The Professional and experienced guide will offer education of flora, fauna and history of the area
- Enjoy lunch on the volcano, with breathtaking views. Gaze down into the geothermal waters of the Crater Lake
- Specular valleys views, often with snow present
- This trek follows the left-hand side of the Knoll Ridge t-bar line and continues through the valley
- Once you reach the head of the valley, begin the incline up onto the ridge behind Glacier Knob
- Your trek continues with a narrow foot track zigzagging up the face of Dome Ridge until you reach Dome Shelter
- Alternate routes may be used dependant on weather and group fitness level
- Summer 1 October – 30 April
- Winter 1 May – 30 September
- Pick time up time will vary from 7am-9am, due to the changing seasons. An exact departure time will be provided and you can contact the supplier directly (details on voucher)
- Summer departure will be approximately 8:00am
- Summer departure will be approximately 7:00am
- Approximately 8 hours
For prices and bookings and to find out more about this adventure please visit Mt Ruapehu Crater Lake Guided Walk
For all of your accommodation needs Skotel Alpine Resort is New Zealand’s highest hotel located in Whakapapa Village at the foot of Mount Ruapehu. Conveniently located near the ski slopes. Book your Whakapapa Accommodation for the 2019 NZ Ski Season with us here at Skotel Alpine Resort. BOOK NOW